Logan Inn, located in beautiful New Hope, was established as an inn in 1727. The Logan Inn is the oldest continuously run inn in Bucks County and one of the five oldest in the United States. An intimate luxury inn, The Logan Inn has sixteen spacious guest rooms, each furnished with colonial period pieces and antiques.
Dining is available in the lovely Colonial glass enclosed porches or in the cozy Fireside Room which features an imposing stained glass wall created by local artist Val Sigstedt. In season, alfresco dining on the tented patio offers a wonderful spot for people watching, New Hope style. Stepping into the tavern, located in the oldest section of the building, is truly stepping back into time. The tavern remains open late and selections from the menu are available there. This careful blending of the old and the new has made The Logan Inn one place where "the best of yesterday and today mingle beautifully."
It is John Wells who is looked upon by many people as the founder of New Hope's community. Wells was formally licensed to erect and keep a ferry by act of the General Assembly of Pennsylvania in 1722, and further licensed to keep a tavern in 1727. The result was the Ferry Tavern, which today is The Logan Inn. The Inn is a fine example of the colonial habit of wrapping additions around existing structures. The name Logan came to the Inn about 100 years after it was first licensed and after the ferry had ceased operation. Reportedly, on February 22, 1828, as part of a celebration, probably of Washington's birthday, the Ferry Tavern was renamed the Logan Inn (or House) and a metal cut-out of an Indian was installed towering above the roof of the Inn.
There are different accounts of this event - one that the Indian was Chief Logan and that the sign was paid for by a subscription of the townspeople in his honor - another that the identity of the Indian was never mentioned and that the sign was commissioned by the owners of the Inn.
We prefer the former legend which reports that a Lenni-Lenape chief, noted for his kindness and hospitality with the white settlers, developed a close friendship with James Logan, secretary to William Penn, and as a sign of admiration took Logan's name.
The cut-out remained above the Inn for 50 years and has been visible sporadically since then. Admired for it's aesthetic design and sought after by collectors, it again stands as a guardian of the town.
To make conference or lodging reservations please call 215.862.2300.
For dining reservations please call us at 215.862.2300 or use the new online dining reservations link (OpenTable) also located on our home page.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Dining at Logan Terrace and Nikólas 11am - 9pm... Mondays - Thursdays, 11am - 10pm... Fridays, 10am - 10pm (11pm Memorial Day – Labor Day)... Saturdays, 10am - 9pm... Sundays Logan Inn Front Desk 10am - 9pm... Daily Bar hours at Logan Terrace 11am to 11pm... Mondays - Thursdays, 11am to midnight... Fridays, 10am to midnight... Saturdays, 10am to 10pm... Sundays